If you want to decorate your room but are unsure of where to start, try incorporating a beautiful rustic vase into your decor. Vases are one of my favorite ways to add color and texture to a room at a low cost. They will also add charm and character while completely changing the atmosphere of your room.
Here are The Three (3) Best Ways to Decorate Using Rustic Vases:
1. FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS
Arranging fresh-cut flowers in your rustic vase is one of the ways to incorporate this decor item into your home. Placing a vase full of fresh-cut flowers is the best thing that you can do to your home because flowers are visually appealing and their amazing smell can give fresh vitality to your whole interior.
A beautiful flower arrangement will not only enhance your home’s aesthetic appeal because it can also support the physical and mental health of its dwellers. Anxiety and depression can lead to serious physical ailments, that’s why it’s important to always de-stress. Arranging flowers in a vase is a great activity that can help in preventing or reducing anxiety and depression.
Having flowers in your home can boost happiness and increase the emotional connection between you and your family. It is a great decor idea that everyone in your family can benefit from.
2. FLOWER ALTERNATIVES
The wonderful thing about rustic vases is that they are so versatile and can be used for displaying cut flowers as well as other alternatives.
- Twigs and branches are one of the most popular alternatives and they’re not only strikingly beautiful, but they’re also abundant in nature which means that you can forage them for free.
- Sand, seashells, and river rocks are also great alternatives because these can evoke a relaxing environment that will always remind you of that fun summer vacation that you once had.
- Pine cones, acorns, and autumn leaves as alternatives will bring the soothing colors and patterns of autumn into your home.
- Colorful or scented candles as alternatives will not only provide your home with fragrance and beautiful illumination because they can also give you a much-needed sense of well-being.
- Balls of yarn are also a good alternative especially if you’re fond of crafting. The rustic vase can serve as beautiful storage where you can put your extra balls of yarn on display.
3. EMPTY VASES
If you don’t have time to decorate your vase or if you prefer a simpler style, then you can decorate the rustic vase as it is.
Rustic vases especially those with beautiful prints or patterns can be a centerpiece on their own. It can serve as a focal point where you can create the rest of your design.
For a more impactful decor, place your rustic vase beside a stack of books, plants, or any decorative figure that needs more emphasis in order to stand out.
There are endless possibilities when it comes to vases. The best part is that you can always change their filling, what you place around them, and you can even customize them later on if you do not love how they look. Even though decorating with vases can be intimidating at first, you definitely need to give them a chance and consider using them when you are decorating a room.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q : SHOULD I USE FLOWER TUBES IN MY VASES?
A : Pendants usually only use one light bulb and focus light downwards, while chandeliers use many light bulbs and project light throughout the room.
Q : HOW CAN I KEEP FLOWERS FRESH IN A VASE?
A : Cut the stems on an angle to absorb water better, remove any leaves that will be submerged in water, prune any dead leaves or petals from the arrangement
Q : WHATS THE BEST WAY TO CLEAN MY VASES?
A : One great way to clean stains from inside a vase is to use baking soda and vinegar. Fill the vase with hot water until all the stains are submerged. Pour in 2 tablespoons of baking soda and 5 tablespoons of vinegar. The vase should fizz and start eating away at the stains.
Shop Our Best Vase Categories
- How to Arrange Flowers in a Vase
- How to Arrange Flowers in a Large Vase
- How to Prolong the Vase Life of Fresh Flowers
- How to Decorate Glass Vases
- How to Clean Vases